DAY ONE – FACING MY GOD AND MYSELF (Christ in Us, is our Hope of Glory)
THEME: Stop, Look and Listen to the Lord
GRACE: I beg the Lord for the grace of inner silence and stillness so that I can stop, look back prayerfully at my recent (remote) significant experiences and listen intently to what my God has been telling me.
– look at your relationship with God this past year (what are the high points or the low points?)
-try to seek Him (be aware of God’s presence; are you aware that you are nun? lay (consecrated to God by virtue of our baptism?)
– allow Him to seek you (are you really open to Him? what are the barriers? do you allow God to seek you?)
-look at your relationship with others
– look at your relationship with yourself (if you don’t know yourself, you can’t have a deeper relationship with others, moreso, with God)
1. Psalm 84 (How lovely is your dwelling place, O Lord of host!)
– Not all good things last, but we have a foretaste of goodness, of joy. Only in heaven do good things last.
2. Jeremiah 18:1-6 (Potter and clay)
– God pushes you to the limit because He knows what kind you are made of. As you go through difficulties, welcome them. You are in the Potter’s hand, that’s an assurance
3. 1 Samuel 3:1-10 (Speak Lord, for your servant is listening)
– Many times, we really don’t listen to the voice of the Lord. The Lord speaks to us thru: events, people, things around us. GOD’S VOICE IS NOT THE VOICE WE HEAR OF
4. Mark 11:1-10 (Hosanna! Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!)
– the sincerity and humility of the one who praises
POINTS FOR PRAYER AND REFLECTION:
– what have been your most recent (remote) significant experience?
– how exactly have they been affecting you? why do you consider these experiences to be “significant” in the first place?
– what feelings have been dominant in you? Go back and relish these in prayer and share with God.
– what do you hear God saying to you?
– where do you feel God is leading / inviting you
– end with thanksgiving.
insight from the listener:
GO SLOW; GO DEEP