Day Two (My Sense of Uniqueness and Giftedness)
THEME: Praying Over My Personal Identity
GRACE: Lord Jesus, I beg for the grace to know, love and accept myself as i truly am, realizing that my own uniqueness and giftedness are an excellent reflection of God’s personal infinite love for me.
- We look at our uniqueness and giftedness in our present contex
- Psalm 139 (God, you know me more than i know myself) – God knows your idiosyncrasies, hurts, mediocrity, pains, joy. He knows everything about you. Even when you sin He is still there. He never leaves us, no condition at all.
- Isaiah 50:4-7 (The Lord God is my help, therefore I am not disgraced) – In whatever situations you are in, go through with it, you will not be crushed God is with you
- Isaiah 49:13-16 ( I will never forget you) – It is the song of God. It is his words not our. It is God who never forgets; it’s us who forgets most of the time. You are in the Palm of His hand- permanent just like, the thumb mark which is uniquely yours and permanent.
- 1 Corinthians 12:4-11 (Different gifts from the same Spirit) – Each one is gifted, thus, bring it and share it to others.
POINTS FOR PRAYER AND REFLECTION:
- Examine your life. What do you consider your greatest gifts from God? Why these gifts in particular?
- What do you consider as your greatest assets and strengths as a person? Why these in particular? (The things we consider great, in the eyes of God is the weakest)
- What do you consider as your greatest liabilities and weakness as a person? Why these in particular? (The things we consider weak, in the eyes of God is the greatest)
- Do you consider yourself gifted? unique?
- Is there anything in particular in your life now that you find difficult to accept and embrace fully? Name and clarify them.
- When ready, beg the Lord to grant you the grace of healing. (God makes crooked ways straight – this means that God allows crooked realities and situations to happen only to use them to humble and purify us and realize His will in our lives and eventually draws us closer to Him.
- Examine yourself. What crooked ways/lines in your life that God made it straight?
-Fr. Florge, SJ (facilitator)