DAY FOUR Call and Discipleship
THEME: My Call, Sinner yet Called
GRACE: Lord Jesus I beg for the grace of steadfastness and devotion to my God knowing well that in my life, in the end, what He truly desires are not my achievements, not my successes but my fidelity
- It is in our weaknesses and limitations, when we cannot do anything anymore where we can truly live out our call to fidelity.
- One can either curse that Lord in a situation where one is into or an opportunity of grace- where one can be faithful and truly be dedicated to Him who has called and loved him/her.
- Be faithful to the state of life where you are in.
- Isaiah 49:1-6 (The Lord called me from birth, from my mother’s womb he gave me my name) – God knows you. God has a plan for you, from birth He named you
- Matthew 16:13-19 (“Who do you say that I am?” – Peter was a prayerful person so much so that he is able to listen to the Father as he revealed to him the true identity of Jesus. The deeper question now lies to each one of us “WHO IS JESUS TO YOU?” To know God’s will we have to pray
- Jonah 1-4 (Jonah’s self-righteousness vs God’s compassion)
POINTS FOR PRAYER AND REFLECTION:
- Go back to your life-story?
- How did you end up responding to the call of God?
- What were the key events that led you to respond to your call?
- Who were the significant persons instrumental in fostering and clarifying your call?
Insight from the listener:
- Whatever situation you are in, know that God chose you and loved you with an everlasting love. He seeks and desires you, even in you darkness.
(fr. Florge, sj facilitator)