Day 5 Contemplating Christ looking at us
Theme: Person of Christ: Ministry of Healing and Reconciling
My Lord Jesus, I beg for a deep, interior knowledge of your person, your Gospel values and especially your way of loving, so that I can all the more fall in love with you, follow you and learn to love as you love.
Mk 10: 46-52 (Bartimaeus) – the virtue of perseverance
Jn 4: 4-42 (Samaritan Woman) – God meets us where we are and uses our situation into grace
Jn 8: 1-11 (Adulterous Woman) – the mercy of God
Mt 8: 5-13 (Centurion) – the faith of the centurion which brings life our sense of nothingness
Lk 19- 1-10 (Zacchaeus) – the true wealth
Mt 26:14-25 (Betrayal of Judas)
Points for Prayer and Reflection:
- Do a contemplation on our Lord’s ministry of healing and reconciling.
- Imagine Galilee ( or Jericho, or Samaria, or Capernaum, depending on the Gospel passage taken) and enter prayerfully into the Gospel scene, beholding the place, the disciples and the person(s) being healed.
- What do you see? Hear? Smell? Touch? Taste?
- Spend time going into the details of the healing and reconciling story, and slowly, in the end, focus on the Lord and gaze lovingly at his face.
- What qualities and values of our Lord touch you, as you behold him healing and reconciling people?
- After clarifying these qualities and values of our Lord (gentleness, compassionate heart, kind-heartedness, non-judgmental attitude) take time to beg for these very same Christic qualities and values.
- God is God, healer-reconciler!
- When were those times in your life when you felt God played the role of “Healer-Reconciler”? What did he heal/reconcile in you?
- Examine yourself.
- Right now, what aspects of your life need to be healed and/or reconciled?
- When ready, come before the Lord and present these aspects for healing and reconciliation. Take time to just feel his healing and reconciling grace.
- Dialogue with the Lord on all the points above.
- Thank him for all his work of healing and reconciling in this broken world of ours and in your life.
insight from the listener:
- God never left us; he stands by our side
(with fr.florge, sj)
(image from luis de morales – google images)