Day 6 JOURNEYING WITH CHRIST
THEME: Person of Christ: God’s Love and Suffering
Grace: My Lord Jesus, I beg for a deep, interior knowledge of your person, your Gospel values and especially your way of loving, so that I can all the more fall in love with you, follow you and learn to love as you love.
- Mt 21: 1-17; Lk 19: 28-48; Mk 11:1-9 (Entry into Jerusalem) — the only and true way to save us
- Mt 26: 27-30 ( Passover preparation; Institution of the Eucharist) — the saving grace of Peter was his great love for Christ
- Lk 22: 7-20 (Passover preparation; Institution of the Eucharist) — at Christmas Jesus becomes – GOD-WITH-US; at Last Supper Jesus becomes -GOD IN US
- Jn 13: 1-31 (Washing of the feet)
Points for Prayer and Reflection:
- Do a contemplation on the entry of our Lord in Jerusalem. (Imagine the holy city, and enter prayerfully into the Gospel scene, beholding the place and the people there) What do you see, hear, smell, touch, taste?
- What qualities and values of our Lord touch you, as you behold him entering the city of Jerusalem?
- After clarifying these qualities and values of our Lord (meek spirited? Detached? Focused? Strong-willed?) Take time to beg for these very same Christic qualities and values.
- Do a contemplation on the Lord’s Last Supper. (Imagine the Cenacle and enter prayerfully into the Gospel scene beholding the place and the disciples there.) ) What do you see, hear, smell, touch, taste?
- Spend sometime going into the details of the Lord’s Last Supper and slowly in the end focus on him and gaze slowly and lovingly at his face.
- Enter into the sacred heart of our Lord!
- Do a contemplation on the Washing of the Feet. (Imagine the cenacle and enter prayerfully into the Gospel scene beholding the place and the people there) What do you see, hear, smell, touch, taste?
- At this time, Jesus keeps talking about love…enter into the heart of Jesus…
- Then enter into your heart…what is your deepest desire?
- Let your heart dialogue with the Sacred Heart of Jesus on all these points above.
- Thank him for his love.
(with Fr.Florge, sj)